ReUse Bike Project
Here we gather bikes that people discard or take to the Civic Amenity site.
This is a partnership between Cork County Council & Cycle Sense.
It promotes the
- Circular Economy
- Valuing of local resources
- Waste reduction
- Social inclusion
- Up Skilling
- Partnership between organisations
What we do
- Cork County Council Amenity staff save the bikes that come into the sites.
- Cycle Sense collects them and brings them to the workshop
- Unwanted bikes can be dropped into the workshop
- At the workshop, bikes are assessed for use: good frames will be rebuilt and damaged frames will be broken down for parts
- Bikes rebuilt
- Parts reconditioned
What we offer
- Bikes sold
- Reconditioned parts sold
- Servicing of bikes with second hand parts (some new parts may all be used if second hand parts are not available)